SCRA has published a second Annual Report for Young People.
Back in 2017 SCRA launched a Corporate Parenting Plan and followed it in 2018 with their very first Annual Report for Young People.
The Annual Report looked back over the first year of the Corporate Parenting Plan, marking progress against six commitments that SCRA had pledged to children and young people.
The Annual Report for Young People 2018 lays out each of these commitments again:
- We will do our best to meet your needs and promote your rights.
- We will give you as much time and good information as we can.
- You are the most important person in your Hearing and we will do all we can to make you feel it.
- Our Hearing Centres will be safe, comfortable and friendly.
- We will work with young people to help get things right.
- We will work with other Corporate Parents to make sure we are all doing our best for you.
Against each commitment examples are given of the types of things that have been done to make the Children’s Hearings System the best it can possibly be.
One example is that for the commitment ‘We will do our best to meet your needs and promote your rights’ SCRA has launched an online cartoon animation about ‘Your Rights’ on their website.
You can read the Annual Report and see many more examples here.
If you have any comments/questions about the report, please get in touch.